Matrix Glitch wrote:
Much ado about nothing.

Politicized nonsense.

And grasping at straws.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 12:18 am

I love this particular incident because it really shows you who's an irredeemable partisan hack, as the unedited video emerged so quickly after the initial outrage and yet so many people doubled down rather than admit their mistaken first impressions, as they continue to do so here. Everyone has their own biases and predispositions, but it takes a special type of delusion to die on this particular hill when there is objective evidence of precisely what happened in the form of the tape, and to do so over a kid smiling at a weirdo banging a drum in his face in the first place.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 2:35 am

Dox47 wrote:
I the unedited video emerged so quickly after the initial outrage and yet so many people doubled down rather than admit their mistaken first impressions, as they continue to do so here. .

What's hard to understand. A mob of 30-40 white teenagers confronted a group of 3 black men. The black men started it, sure, but the kids got stuck in these men (the last time most of these kids saw a group of black men was on a national geographic magazine).

It's interesting that even with all the coaching little Sandmann received from his QAnon/MAGA lawyers he still knew he shouldn't have been part of the mob
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... lked-away/

I guess being a teen it must hard to lie during an entire interview

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 2:37 am

Raptor wrote:
Amazing in a pathetic way that after three years (or however long) this is still a topic here.

It's because it was reported in the news Einstein :roll:

Newsflash...Sandmann get's nothing, no money for making up stories.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 3:55 am

Raptor wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I think you're old enough to have learned that you have to observe an individual for a while to know what constitutes a smile vs a smirk from that individual. It's actually possible for CNN to be wrong, and in this case intentionally wrong.

I would have felt awkward in the situation and would have smiled to be a good sport about it, but my awkward smile probably would have looked like a smirk.

Tell me about it. His expression immediately struck me as a "WTF is this and WTF do I do now?" nervous/confused smile that we've all displayed in various perplexing situations. I guess we think for ourselves and don't allow CNN to download our thoughts for us like *some* obviously do.

I'm not very good at reading facial expressions, but I can't help but think the descriptions put on the social media posts ("chilling," "evil") influenced viewer's perceptions.

I am firmly in the "it never should have happened" camp, as I think I've made clear.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 4:07 am

Misslizard wrote:
Why weren’t a bunch of mean old Nuns chaperoning the trip? Then none of the groups would have engaged and caused trouble.They would have been too afraid.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any nuns at a school like that one. From what I've gathered, is more an elite private institution for the rich and privileged than a "traditional" parochial school. That is common with Catholic High Schools in the US; they get pretty far removed from their "educational access" roots. Religious schools have become an easy way to hide less noble reasons (racism, economic elitism, etc) for wanting to privately school a child. It wouldn't be accurate to characterize all families who choose a Catholic High School by that, but it is pervasive enough to make note of. Anyway, I'm not sure I'm aware of a single nun teaching in any of the Catholic Schools in my county. Last one I met was teaching at an inner city elementary school with mostly scholarship students. She was devoted, not scary.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 6:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Amazing in a pathetic way that after three years (or however long) this is still a topic here.

It's hard to take you seriously regarding propriety, when you spout so much vitriol.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 8:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

And it’s pure coincidence that this particular news story was about yours and your cronies public enemy number one: The boy who smiled at the Indian.

Btw, I’m sensing more and more desperation from you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 8:30 am

↑ ↑↑ "When you cannot refute the message, attack the messenger."

I seem to have read that somewhere before.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 8:35 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Why weren’t a bunch of mean old Nuns chaperoning the trip? Then none of the groups would have engaged and caused trouble.They would have been too afraid.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any nuns at a school like that one. From what I've gathered, is more an elite private institution for the rich and privileged than a "traditional" parochial school. That is common with Catholic High Schools in the US; they get pretty far removed from their "educational access" roots. Religious schools have become an easy way to hide less noble reasons (racism, economic elitism, etc) for wanting to privately school a child. It wouldn't be accurate to characterize all families who choose a Catholic High School by that, but it is pervasive enough to make note of. Anyway, I'm not sure I'm aware of a single nun teaching in any of the Catholic Schools in my county. Last one I met was teaching at an inner city elementary school with mostly scholarship students. She was devoted, not scary.

There used to be nuns teaching at the local Catholic school when I was a kid, but that has been awhile ago.lol
There should have been chaperones with the kids, I chaperoned two school trips and you never leave them alone or let them wander off.
The look on the faces of the kids behind Sandmann have the same expression as school bullies going at a victim.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 8:59 am

Fnord wrote:

Have you also read "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 9:25 am

Fnord wrote:

If there were an actual message, which there isn’t.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 10:44 am

cyberdad wrote:

Sandmann settled with NBC, CNN, and the Washington Post so he received money from his claims.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 12:12 pm

Misslizard wrote:
The look on the faces of the kids behind Sandmann have the same expression as school bullies going at a victim.

And if you stare at them long enough they’ll all start to look like Elvis.
:roll:
Next...