Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,784
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

04 Sep 2022, 4:12 pm

Dox47 wrote:
This article is by Jonathan Rauch, author of Kindly Inquisitors (perhaps the best book ever written about wokeness, written in the early 90s), and The Constitution of Knowledge, an excellent book except for the parts about Trump, where it's very clear that Rauch has a terrible case of TDS and ascribes a level of sophistication to the former president that is simply not borne out by reality. By all means trust his facts and please read his books, but when it comes to Trump, take his analysis with a grain of salt, I wouldn't consider him to be a credible source on that subject.


Mmhmm.. fantastic author, makes great points about lots of stuff.. except when he's critical of the orange former guy - then ofc he's to be ignored. :roll: :lol:


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,202
Location: Seattle-ish

04 Sep 2022, 7:52 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Mmhmm.. fantastic author, makes great points about lots of stuff.. except when he's critical of the orange former guy - then ofc he's to be ignored. :roll: :lol:


Reading is a great hobby and a useful skill, you should really try it one of these days.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,784
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

04 Sep 2022, 8:02 pm

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Mmhmm.. fantastic author, makes great points about lots of stuff.. except when he's critical of the orange former guy - then ofc he's to be ignored. :roll: :lol:


Reading is a great hobby and a useful skill, you should really try it one of these days.

Thx, tips! 8) I've learned a lot by reading, actually. I read an entire book over the last couple weeks and 1/3rd of another - which I'll likely read more of this evening.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,202
Location: Seattle-ish

04 Sep 2022, 8:09 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Thx, tips! 8) I've learned a lot by reading, actually. I read an entire book over the last couple weeks and 1/3rd of another - which I'll likely read more of this evening.


Okay, let's try being more direct; you should respond to what I actually write, as when you twist my words it makes having a conversation difficult. You should also try reading the books mentioned in this thread, you might actually learn something from them, including why I made the judgment I did about one of my favorite writers on speech issues, who is absolutely untrustworthy when it comes to all things Trump.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,784
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

04 Sep 2022, 8:12 pm

Thanks again! Read above: I read your post and replied to it. Guy's an excellent author until he has something to say about trump that you don't agree with.. then he has the right wing propaganda made up term of tds. Gotcha.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,202
Location: Seattle-ish

04 Sep 2022, 8:15 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Thanks again! Read above: I read your post and replied to it. Guy's an excellent author until he has something to say about trump that you don't agree with.. then he has the right wing propaganda made up term of tds. Gotcha.


Sigh...


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,784
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

04 Sep 2022, 8:25 pm

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Thanks again! Read above: I read your post and replied to it. Guy's an excellent author until he has something to say about trump that you don't agree with.. then he has the right wing propaganda made up term of tds. Gotcha.


Sigh...

Image


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.