Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,874
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

04 Sep 2022, 2:37 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
So you're just trashing American citizens in general.

Only the ones trump says he loves. "I love the poorly educated." - djt.

It's ALMOST not their fault that they're poorly educated, seeing as they've been duped into voting against their own best interests in terms of critical election issues like public education and healthcare.. but then, they're the ones who vote against themselves, so they sort of deserve what they get as a result. Or am I supposed to feel bad for them because they've been duped for so long?

Either way, it takes a special kind of trashy people to be entertained by someone like gutfield who takes to the airwaves to insult immigrants/minorities, lgbt people, disabled people, peoples' religious faiths etc etc - all the classes of people protected by human rights codes in other countries.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

04 Sep 2022, 2:49 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
So you're just trashing American citizens in general.

Only the ones trump says he loves. "I love the poorly educated." - djt.

It's ALMOST not their fault that they're poorly educated, seeing as they've been duped into voting against their own best interests in terms of critical election issues like public education and healthcare.. but then, they're the ones who vote against themselves, so they sort of deserve what they get as a result. Or am I supposed to feel bad for them because they've been duped for so long?

Either way, it takes a special kind of trashy people to be entertained by someone like gutfield who takes to the airwaves to insult immigrants/minorities, lgbt people, disabled people, peoples' religious faiths etc etc - all the classes of people protected by human rights codes in other countries.

Let's see, you say I have no right to an opinion regarding the Jan 6th hearings, unless I watch them in their entirety. Yet you have all this judgmental opinion regarding a show (and its viewers) you've only seen a few clips of, but never actually watched.

Also when it comes to your comments regarding education, I take it you have a really good education with at least one significant university degree, and a prestigious career that goes with it like doctor, lawyer, engineer et al?



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,874
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

04 Sep 2022, 3:13 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
So you're just trashing American citizens in general.

Only the ones trump says he loves. "I love the poorly educated." - djt.

It's ALMOST not their fault that they're poorly educated, seeing as they've been duped into voting against their own best interests in terms of critical election issues like public education and healthcare.. but then, they're the ones who vote against themselves, so they sort of deserve what they get as a result. Or am I supposed to feel bad for them because they've been duped for so long?

Either way, it takes a special kind of trashy people to be entertained by someone like gutfield who takes to the airwaves to insult immigrants/minorities, lgbt people, disabled people, peoples' religious faiths etc etc - all the classes of people protected by human rights codes in other countries.

Let's see, you say I have no right to an opinion regarding the Jan 6th hearings, unless I watch them in their entirety. Yet you have all this judgmental opinion regarding a show (and its viewers) you've only seen a few clips of, but never actually watched.

Also when it comes to your comments regarding education, I take it you have a really good education with at least one significant university degree, and a prestigious career that goes with it like doctor, lawyer, engineer et al?


Wut? :? :lol:

You haven't watched the J6 Hearings and thus are ignorant of what they contain so your opinions about them are ~pretty moot due to your refusal to watch them.. I think you've been able to follow that logic fairly well and understand it. The J6 Hearings are a "political court-style docu-series," about real life events.

gutfeld is a low brow comedian catering to an even lower brow audience. I don't need to watch every episode in full to know what his brand of "comedy," is nor to pass judgement on it. Apples to oranges/get real.

I do in fact have a post secondary education(s) - but even without it my public school education left me with a higher level of knowledge and literacy than a show like gutfeld is aimed at. What does a prestigious titled career have to do with the price of tea in China?


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

04 Sep 2022, 3:33 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Let's see, you say I have no right to an opinion regarding the Jan 6th hearings, unless I watch them in their entirety. Yet you have all this judgmental opinion regarding a show (and its viewers) you've only seen a few clips of, but never actually watched.

Also when it comes to your comments regarding education, I take it you have a really good education with at least one significant university degree, and a prestigious career that goes with it like doctor, lawyer, engineer et al?


Wut? :? :lol:

You haven't watched the J6 Hearings and thus are ignorant of what they contain so your opinions about them are ~pretty moot due to your refusal to watch them.. I think you've been able to follow that logic fairly well and understand it. The J6 Hearings are a "political court-style docu-series," about real life events.

gutfeld is a low brow comedian catering to an even lower brow audience. I don't need to watch every episode in full to know what his brand of "comedy," is nor to pass judgement on it. Apples to oranges/get real.

You don't see the double standard you're employing.
goldfish21 wrote:
I do in fact have a post secondary education(s) - but even without it my public school education left me with a higher level of knowledge and literacy than a show like gutfeld is aimed at.

By your own standards you are ignorant of what the show contains so your opinions about it are moot.
goldfish21 wrote:
What does a prestigious titled career have to do with the price of tea in China?

I'll put it another way, are you saying most of those who watch Gutfeld are probably beer swilling construction workers?



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,234
Location: Aux Arcs

04 Sep 2022, 9:54 am

Just tried to watch,his voice is really annoying to me.
No hidden agenda here, just my opinion.
However America does have a very poor education system in rural areas and possibly in blighted urban areas.I know about rural schools ,my kids attended school in a small town.It sucked.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

04 Sep 2022, 10:20 am

A common mistake many people make is to equate education with intelligence. If someone is very intelligent, they're going to be very intelligent regardless of their education. Likewise if someone of average intelligence gets a good education, that's not necessarily going to raise their level of intelligence. Some people end up with university degrees simply because they persevered.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,234
Location: Aux Arcs

04 Sep 2022, 10:51 am

It really helps if you graduate knowing basic math and how to read.

Some people have “common sense” while others may be book learned and dumb as a box of rocks in that department.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

04 Sep 2022, 11:09 am

I've found that intelligence and commonsense don't always go together either. A genius named Rick Rosner is probably an example of that.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,874
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

04 Sep 2022, 2:16 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I'll put it another way, are you saying most of those who watch Gutfeld are probably beer swilling construction workers?

Why would I insult beer drinkers and/or construction workers like that? :?

No, I never said that.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.