Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 12:33 pm

Unless you shove things inside it for the x-ray machine to detect you should be completely fine. They're not looking for holes in teddy bears.. they're looking for drugs/bombs concealed inside teddy bears - hence the x-ray machine. It's unlikely the machine would even show enough detail to see the hole. They won't care one bit.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 2:37 pm

Lol :heart: didn't expect that to be the thing the thread was about.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

Location: On a special base where the Christmas soldiers of the world live

07 Sep 2022, 2:45 pm

I think that you would be able to.

Pronouns: He/Him/His
IQ: 86 and I use all 86 of them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Sep 2022, 8:11 am

klanka wrote:
Lol :heart: didn't expect that to be the thing the thread was about.
I didn't know what to expect but it def was not this :lol: thou this is a good question.

temp1234 wrote:
I understand your fear. It's a realistic one. I feel the same at the airport. So much so I would never go to scary countries such as the USA and most non-western countries.
The TSA is a big reason I've never flown before. I've heard a lot of horror stories & comedy songs about the TSA. I've always taken a two day Greyhound bus ride to go down & visit my parents in Louisiana & go back up to Vermont. The last couple trips took half a day longer cuz they didn't have a driver available that caused me to miss a transfer that only left twice a day :x I haven't visited my parents in a few years partly cuz I didn't like the idea of taking another long Greyhound trip but flying seems majorly overwhelming.

Me & my girlfriend have a train trip booked to go visit my parents around the end of this month. We go to Boston by Greyhound thou but that's the easiest stretch & we stay & the Boston Greyhound station is also the train station. The train ride is two days not counting the Greyhound part & Boston layover but we would probably be a lot more comfortable than the bus. The total costs about the same as flying would but my parents paid :mrgreen: Neither of us done a train trip before but that seems lot less overwhelming than flying. We're both on a lot of meds & supplements(I don't have prescriptions for some of my meds but they're nothing restricted) & we would probably not be able to clear airport TSA with our meds thou I guess we could probably mail em to my parents if we do a plane trip in the future :chin:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 8:27 am

Air travel in the U.S. was a lot more pleasant before 9/11 except even before the attacks some flights had the rows of seats too close together.

We haven't done it a lot but we've done a few long trips via train, with a private compartment (with a private bathroom!). The bathroom is hilariously small but serviceable. I'm the husband so I got the upper bunk and it was cramped. The food and view were great! On one trip we took Canadian rail on the return trip, it was also very nice. Travel like that is costly and has to be booked long in advance. (Shorter trips where you do not need a bed are much less expensive and are quite enjoyable.)

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 9:45 am

Sometimes I wish I'd got a teddy bear with me when flying but I think it might freak out my flying instructor.