Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 


What do you think?
Yes! Love it 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Yes. Its okay 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes. Didn't like it 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No. Have not played it 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 3

BreathlessJade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 25 Aug 2022
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 374
Location: Cali

16 Sep 2022, 1:22 pm

I just saw this Disney RPG. It looks like fortnight and sims. I'm honestly thrown off by the stardew knockoff name. Has anyone played it? Is it good?



DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2021
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,112
Location: Dorset

20 Sep 2022, 7:02 am

My kid is playing it at the moment. She says she likes it. I've watched a bit, it looks decent enough. It does seem a little glitch though, a couple of times the game has stuck and required a reset to be playable again.


_________________
Sorry, I do tend to go on a bit. I'm trying to rein it in. It's not easy.


BreathlessJade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 25 Aug 2022
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 374
Location: Cali

21 Sep 2022, 12:23 am

DuckHairback wrote:
My kid is playing it at the moment. She says she likes it. I've watched a bit, it looks decent enough. It does seem a little glitch though, a couple of times the game has stuck and required a reset to be playable again.

Oh yeah. I hear its in its early stages. Seems to me, from my limited knowledge, through game was given graphics that cannot flow smoothly because of the detail maybe? But I love the customization



DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2021
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,112
Location: Dorset

21 Sep 2022, 4:14 am

BreathlessJade wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
My kid is playing it at the moment. She says she likes it. I've watched a bit, it looks decent enough. It does seem a little glitch though, a couple of times the game has stuck and required a reset to be playable again.

Oh yeah. I hear its in its early stages. Seems to me, from my limited knowledge, through game was given graphics that cannot flow smoothly because of the detail maybe? But I love the customization


I don't know about that. One time the character just got frozen in place and wouldn't move. Reboot fixed it.

At the moment she's having trouble with Moana, who asked her to catch a fish which she did but Moana wouldn't take the fish from her. Reboot fixed that. Now Moana accepts the fish but the game crashes immediately after and dumps you back to Xbox home. Reboot doesn't fix it - game seems to be broken. Going to have to try a reinstall.

I kind of expect this sort of thing from indy games but I'm surprised Disney would put out something so buggy. It's on a console so its not like the hardware configuration is unexpected. It's hard for kids to accept this sort of thing, she just wants to play her game.


_________________
Sorry, I do tend to go on a bit. I'm trying to rein it in. It's not easy.


BreathlessJade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 25 Aug 2022
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 374
Location: Cali

22 Sep 2022, 5:55 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
BreathlessJade wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
My kid is playing it at the moment. She says she likes it. I've watched a bit, it looks decent enough. It does seem a little glitch though, a couple of times the game has stuck and required a reset to be playable again.

Oh yeah. I hear its in its early stages. Seems to me, from my limited knowledge, through game was given graphics that cannot flow smoothly because of the detail maybe? But I love the customization


I don't know about that. One time the character just got frozen in place and wouldn't move. Reboot fixed it.

At the moment she's having trouble with Moana, who asked her to catch a fish which she did but Moana wouldn't take the fish from her. Reboot fixed that. Now Moana accepts the fish but the game crashes immediately after and dumps you back to Xbox home. Reboot doesn't fix it - game seems to be broken. Going to have to try a reinstall.

I kind of expect this sort of thing from indy games but I'm surprised Disney would put out something so buggy. It's on a console so its not like the hardware configuration is unexpected. It's hard for kids to accept this sort of thing, she just wants to play her game.

Urah when Disney puts its name on something its major