Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 3:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Traitors to their own people? The color of my skin is incidental. Dividing ourselves into tribes based on race - especially in a multi ethnic country like America - is only detrimental to everyone. The only way to solve the racism problem is to elevate everyone to equality, respecting all differences, and facing the past head on fearlessly.

Yeah, Im seriously starting to doubt these days that that'll ever happen. If humans really did evolve from apes you should see just how "equal" apes are when they brutally rage war over territory. That's exactly what's inside all us humans deep down.

Good luck with fighting for an impossible cause though. I'll be seeking a way out once the SHTF here in the US.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Oct 2022, 3:08 am

True humanity should be blind to colour and indifferent to bank balances, bedroom activities and spiritual opinions. Very few people are truly that enlightened, and many who think they are get proven wrong.

Most humans are desperate to seek approval from their peer club, whichever form it takes.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 3:36 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Personally as a poorly educated trailer park-living impoverished white man who is a step or two away from potential homelessness I think that the only color that truly matters here in the United States of Oligarchs is the color of one's money.

It just really baffles me that so many people in this world have not picked up on how fishy all this is...

Which is why I am wondering why Tulsi is so preoccupied with white peoples rights given what white Americans did to her constituents in Hawaii. Her sentiment on that issue smells fake.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 3:38 am

envirozentinel wrote:
True humanity should be blind to colour and indifferent to bank balances, bedroom activities and spiritual opinions. Very few people are truly that enlightened, and many who think they are get proven wrong.

Most humans are desperate to seek approval from their peer club, whichever form it takes.

SO have things quietened down in South Africa and the white folks have quietly gone back to the business of squeezing what they can out of the country?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 3:51 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Traitors to their own people? The color of my skin is incidental. Dividing ourselves into tribes based on race - especially in a multi ethnic country like America - is only detrimental to everyone. The only way to solve the racism problem is to elevate everyone to equality, respecting all differences, and facing the past head on fearlessly.

Yeah, Im seriously starting to doubt these days that that'll ever happen. If humans really did evolve from apes you should see just how "equal" apes are when they brutally rage war over territory. That's exactly what's inside all us humans deep down.

Good luck with fighting for an impossible cause though. I'll be seeking a way out once the SHTF here in the US.

We're apes with a higher level of intelligence and a sense of morality. We have the potential to overcome our prejudices, but we just have to want to.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 5:15 am

cyberdad wrote:
I thought the MAGAs pretend they don't exist?

Southern whites are the worst MAGAs...they pretend blacks
a) should get over slavery and stop bring up the past
b) label teaching black history as CRT

But these same hypocrites are obsessed with the confederacy and cling to their version of history which they brainwash their children with. It's as if they haven't stopped living in the past. But blacks aren't allowed to bring up their past.

You've got it backwards. It's the it's the white wokes who keep talking about slavery, bringing up the past saying Jim Crow every chance they get, and working on keeping the US in a perpetual 1970s.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 5:26 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Dog whistles are not a real thing.

They're incredibly useful for those who find them though.

I remember the rather infamous Christian Picciolini and Sam Harris interview where Christian was saying that 'globalism' was a white supremacist dog whistle and that hit me as really, dangerously, wrong

Whether 'globalism' is a dog whistle depends on who is using the term and how.

Years ago I remember coming across some conspiracy theory sites that did indeed seem to be using "globalism" as an anti-Jewish dog whistle, i.e. to hint at grand conspiracy claims similar to the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

But the term "globalism" certainly isn't always that. There are also plenty of critiques of economic globalization that are nothing more than critiques of economic globalization.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 15 Oct 2022, 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Oct 2022, 5:31 am

cyberdad wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

SO have things quietened down in South Africa and the white folks have quietly gone back to the business of squeezing what they can out of the country?

If you're aware of the state capture saga, you'll know there's also a bunch of black elitists who enrich themselves at the expense of the general public. Madiba was a visionary who genuinely wanted to uplift everyone who had been disadvantaged. Empty promises is what they get now. The tripartite alliance is often at war with itself and there are few leaders who really stand out.

Obviously there were many whites who enriched themselves through apartheid and the ruling party had become truly corrupt. But the ANC is behaving much the sam nowadays but just from a different angle.

my blog:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 6:00 am

envirozentinel wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

If you're aware of the state capture saga, you'll know there's also a bunch of black elitists who enrich themselves at the expense of the general public. Madiba was a visionary who genuinely wanted to uplift everyone who had been disadvantaged. Empty promises is what they get now. The tripartite alliance is often at war with itself and there are few leaders who really stand out.

Obviously there were many whites who enriched themselves through apartheid and the ruling party had become truly corrupt. But the ANC is behaving much the sam nowadays but just from a different angle.

if the underlying issues from the apartheid days aren't addressed aren't the South African indigenous people going to keep putting forward corrupt ethnocentric leaders like Malema and Zuma to run the country?

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Oct 2022, 6:36 am

They've pretty much been addressed. The TRC etc. The late Desmond Tutu who did more than most to bring about understanding and a chance for apartheid proponents to make amends. Young people of today under 30 never lived under apartheid but have much more opportunities to reach their potential. It would be appropriate for older folk to feel bitter and angry at their missed opportunities.

Malema's support is largely from the truly poor, dispossessed and landless people who haven't seen any change in their economic status despite the new government.

my blog:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 6:33 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
They've pretty much been addressed. The TRC etc. The late Desmond Tutu who did more than most to bring about understanding and a chance for apartheid proponents to make amends. Young people of today under 30 never lived under apartheid but have much more opportunities to reach their potential. It would be appropriate for older folk to feel bitter and angry at their missed opportunities.

Malema's support is largely from the truly poor, dispossessed and landless people who haven't seen any change in their economic status despite the new government.

So how do you explain the apparent green light by the ANC for land acquisition from white farmers? That is one of the unaddressed issues.

The second is the economic disparity between the majority communities (Zulu and Xhosa) and minorities (White, Indian and Asian).

I realise Jacob Zuma was accepting big bribes from the Gupta family but to many black South Africans it feeds their frustration that beneficiaries from the apartheid era continue to be power brokers post-apartheid,.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 12:07 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
One more thing I want to ask. What exactly is the point in BLM and the SJWs pissing off and alienating every white person in America by making sweeping accusations that every white person is inherently and irredeemably racist?

No, most BLM activists would NOT say that every white person is "irredeemably" racist.

There's plenty of evidence that most white people do have "implicit bias" that we are not fully aware of. But we can work to overcome it, if we are willing, and we can educate ourselves about systemic racism, and we can listen more to black people's accounts of their experiences.

(Note: I don't agree with the BLM movement's slogan of "defund the police." But I do agree that the "war on drugs" has been disproportionately a war on black people, and that the "criminal justice" system generally has been disproportionately used against black people.)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 12:46 am

This might make me sound ancient but... there used to be this thing called the Golden Rule where the idea was treat people how you want to be treated. People who actually adhere to that seem like they'd be covering all of the valid basis of woke concerns, covering all of the bases of responsible free speech.... it really seems like if people hadn't willfully forgotten the Golden Rule to play stabby-stabby social climbing and dominance games the conversations today would be redundant.

Just the basic idea of it seems like it's something that a five year old could digest just fine and yet enough adults refused it to the degree that it can seem at times like we really haven't moved beyond being Medieval serfs or 17th century Puritans in terms of our neurosis and need to put it on others and occasionally via those projections seek witches as scapegoats. Instead the game ends up being 'See who does what they're supposed to do and mug them - they're mentally retarded so it'll be easy'. It's really hard for me to give these people a pass on their behavior because there's getting to be enough of them to where they're putting everyone else's sanity and well-being at risk, and furthermore they just know damn well what they're doing.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 2:29 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
There's plenty of evidence that most white people do have "implicit bias" that we are not fully aware of. But we can work to overcome it, if we are willing, and we can educate ourselves about systemic racism, and we can listen more to black other people's accounts of their experiences.

FIFY

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 2:36 am

Dox47 wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
There's plenty of evidence that most white people do have "implicit bias" that we are not fully aware of. But we can work to overcome it, if we are willing, and we can educate ourselves about systemic racism, and we can listen more to black other people's accounts of their experiences.

FIFY

Agreed, people in general (not just white people) tend to have implicit biases.

However, because white people are the majority, and because white people also are still disproportionately represented in the upper and upper-middle classes, white people's implicit biases tend to have much greater overall social impact than everyone else's. Hence the focus on white people's biases.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 3:20 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Agreed, people in general (not just white people) tend to have implicit biases.

Please show me one implict bias training program in the entire western world that mentions "anti-white racism"

Last edited by Cornflake on 17 Oct 2022, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed an unsubstantiated personal poke