Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,678
Location: Near London United Kingdom

16 Oct 2022, 11:46 am

In prison why might a young man with a pretty/good looking face be an easy target?



Radish
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2022
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,617
Location: UK

16 Oct 2022, 11:52 am

Bend over in the shower to pick up the soap and you'd probably find out why! :lol:


_________________
This space intentionally left blank.


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,552
Location: Aux Arcs

16 Oct 2022, 12:00 pm

Depends.What is he doing time for?


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,365

16 Oct 2022, 12:07 pm

You've answered your own question.

He's a young man with a pretty/good-looking face.


_________________
"A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say." - Ian Curtis


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 49,806
Location: UK

16 Oct 2022, 12:56 pm

Radish wrote:
Bend over in the shower to pick up the soap and you'd probably find out why! :lol:


That's why they invented soap on a rope


_________________
We have existence


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,552
Location: Aux Arcs

16 Oct 2022, 1:04 pm

If he was a drug dealer , gang member or a murderer he will be on the top tier of the prison hierarchy.He will have friends that will protect him.If he’s a chomo ,rapist or petty thief, he will possibly have problems.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 49,806
Location: UK

16 Oct 2022, 1:38 pm

Jamesy always asks these questions on a Sunday and Monday. I think it's because of snippets of conversations he hears down the pub that he doesn't quite understand.

Sometimes in UK people have a joke and say: with your face you'll do well in prison. . It's funny that most people who say this probably have no knowledge of what goes on inside.

It means you'll be used as a sex toy for some big fat ugly Mr Big. But on the plus side you'll be well protected.

Misslizard has it probably spot on.


_________________
We have existence


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,552
Location: Aux Arcs

16 Oct 2022, 2:02 pm

My relative said there was a lot of consensual sex happening ,so not as much raping as people think.The first barrack they were in was full of night crawlers, men slithering around under the bunks looking for sex.Then the next barrack was a drug treatment one which was very strict, none of that none sense or you got kicked out of the program and went back to the night crawler barracks.
In this one you had to make your bed, Polish your shoes and keep your shirt tucked in at all times ,and address everyone with yes sir or yes mamm.
They graduated the program ,but Covid had the prisons locked down so they went to another barracks at same facility.
A very strange barracks, full of drugs since they fly over the yard with drones and drop stuff.There was people fapping at the windows when a female guard would walk by, gambling all night with homemade dice and open fires .They would light paper on the metal bed racks and roast stuff.Most had lost commissary privileges so they gambled with bars of soap( worth $1 in prison)cigarettes and drugs.No Little Debbie’s snack cakes.Most of the staff got sick with Covid so the inmates had to work the kitchen.They carried the kitchen knives back to the barracks and there was a stabbing rampage with two men going at each other rolling around on the floor.The guards came in and told them to stop.Never worked with my kids so why would two grown men stop.When the guards came in the unit the inmates would throw stuff at them and spit on them.The inmates ran that barracks.It was so bizarre I called the Governor about it.My relative was immediately moved to a work release unit after that and should be home this week.They had a free world job making good money and was only at the unit at night and weekends.
They never had any trouble with anyone in prison, had weed charges with manufacturing and intent to distribute and they assaulted an informant that snitched them out.
So they had no problems because the other inmates had respect for them.They all hate snitches.
So it will all depend on what you go in for.And never ever snitch.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 68
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,719
Location: temperate zone

16 Oct 2022, 3:06 pm

Well...

When I was eleven, back in the Sixties, I would read Dick Tracy in the Sunday comics, and I learned from one of his "crime stoppers" fun facts that they had done polls of guys in penitentiaries to see which kinda criminals are the most, popular, and which kind are the least popular, among other criminals. And for some reason I still remember it.

Which criminals would you guess were the least popular?

Child molesters


And which criminals were the most popular?
Con artists.


Both sorta make sense, and that dichotomy is probably still largely true today decades later.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,287
Location: On a special base where the Christmas soldiers of the world live

16 Oct 2022, 10:04 pm

It depends on what your crime is. Drug dealers are on the top of the food chain, rapists and sex offenders are in the middle of the food chain and child and domestic abusers are the most hated in the prison hierarchy


_________________
Oberfeldwebel

Age: 48
Gender: Non-Binary
Pronouns: He/Him/His
IQ: 86 and I use all 86 of them.


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 49,806
Location: UK

17 Oct 2022, 1:27 am

In England you would be called a NONCE (not on normal courtyard exercise) if you was a rapists or pedo etc.

No es generally get put in the VP (vulnerable persons) wing.

The trouble here is that if you are a vulnerable person because you have learning disabilities and not a sex offender then you would be more than likely to be put in general population and therefore get exploited by drug dealers etc.

Also prisons in the UK are full of people with learning disabilities (adhd, dyslexia, aspergers). That's is in both men and womens prisons.


_________________
We have existence


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

17 Oct 2022, 8:05 am

It has more to do with how vulnerable an inmate is. A good looking guy who's knows how to handle other inmates and or is intimidating isn't going to get targeted.



klanka
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 31 Mar 2022
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,467
Location: Cardiff, Wales

17 Oct 2022, 9:03 am

babybird wrote:
Jamesy always asks these questions on a Sunday and Monday. I think it's because of snippets of conversations he hears down the pub.


lol is this true jamesy??



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,678
Location: Near London United Kingdom

17 Oct 2022, 9:30 am

klanka wrote:
babybird wrote:
Jamesy always asks these questions on a Sunday and Monday. I think it's because of snippets of conversations he hears down the pub.


lol is this true jamesy??



I guess it is :lol:



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1932
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,953
Location: wales

17 Oct 2022, 1:26 pm

Jamesy wrote:
klanka wrote:
babybird wrote:
Jamesy always asks these questions on a Sunday and Monday. I think it's because of snippets of conversations he hears down the pub.


lol is this true jamesy??



I guess it is :lol:


I suspect what you heard was just banter.