Would the earth have been better off if humans never existed

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,692
Location: City of Roses

17 Nov 2022, 10:14 pm

Think about it. No pollution and no atomic bombs. The earth's lifespan would be a lot longer without the cancer that is mankind.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,203
Location: Stendec

17 Nov 2022, 10:31 pm

Yet, without human intervention, the next asteroid-induced "Extinction Event" may wipe out all remaining life on the planet.

It seems those nukes may turn out to be useful after all.


_________________
 
• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans • Custodiamus Veritas •
• Et Serviunt Qui Non Videntur •


DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,692
Location: City of Roses

17 Nov 2022, 10:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
Yet, without human intervention, the next asteroid-induced "Extinction Event" may wipe out all remaining life on the planet.

It seems those nukes may turn out to be useful after all.


I doubt it, but maybe I'm just biased. I'm feeling pretty 'anti-human' right now. :evil: :D



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,760
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

17 Nov 2022, 10:41 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Think about it. No pollution and no atomic bombs. The earth's lifespan would be a lot longer without the cancer that is mankind.


Perhaps, but still doesn't stop me from wanting to be alive, idk I attempted suicide at 15 but anymore I am glad I wasn't successful in that. But I do recognize that it has been mostly us humans who are ruining the planet, but I feel instead of just dying off we should try to fix what we have done. I mean it will probably never happen but I'd hope we could advance to like a star trek esque system but idk in reality not sure if it could happen. I mean for a star trek esque system people would have to embrace globalism, but too many people are afraid of it or too nationalistic to recognize the value of such a thing.


_________________
We won't go back.


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,366
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

17 Nov 2022, 10:42 pm

Well there wouldn't be any cartoons or video games or computers or toys or musical instruments or science or art, but it's not like non-human animals need any of those things.



DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,692
Location: City of Roses

17 Nov 2022, 10:50 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Think about it. No pollution and no atomic bombs. The earth's lifespan would be a lot longer without the cancer that is mankind.


Perhaps, but still doesn't stop me from wanting to be alive, idk I attempted suicide at 15 but anymore I am glad I wasn't successful in that. But I do recognize that it has been mostly us humans who are ruining the planet, but I feel instead of just dying off we should try to fix what we have done. I mean it will probably never happen but I'd hope we could advance to like a star trek esque system but idk in reality not sure if it could happen. I mean for a star trek esque system people would have to embrace globalism, but too many people are afraid of it or too nationalistic to recognize the value of such a thing.


Yeah it would be very nice, but let's be real it'll never happen. That's one of the reasons why the human species isn't worth saving in my opinion.



DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,692
Location: City of Roses

17 Nov 2022, 10:51 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Well there wouldn't be any cartoons or video games or computers or toys or musical instruments or science or art, but it's not like non-human animals need any of those things.



I'm learning to live without all those things in my life now that politics has ruined it all.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 86,986
Location: Queens, NYC

17 Nov 2022, 10:56 pm

No way I can be denied science and art.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,760
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

17 Nov 2022, 11:00 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Think about it. No pollution and no atomic bombs. The earth's lifespan would be a lot longer without the cancer that is mankind.


Perhaps, but still doesn't stop me from wanting to be alive, idk I attempted suicide at 15 but anymore I am glad I wasn't successful in that. But I do recognize that it has been mostly us humans who are ruining the planet, but I feel instead of just dying off we should try to fix what we have done. I mean it will probably never happen but I'd hope we could advance to like a star trek esque system but idk in reality not sure if it could happen. I mean for a star trek esque system people would have to embrace globalism, but too many people are afraid of it or too nationalistic to recognize the value of such a thing.


Yeah it would be very nice, but let's be real it'll never happen. That's one of the reasons why the human species isn't worth saving in my opinion.


Well yeah it is depressing to notice us human will sabatoge any attempt at a more star trex esque world. LIke star trek is the best case scenerio of this planet, but yeah I know in reality we'll never reach that. and its sad lol.


_________________
We won't go back.


DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,692
Location: City of Roses

17 Nov 2022, 11:09 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Think about it. No pollution and no atomic bombs. The earth's lifespan would be a lot longer without the cancer that is mankind.


Perhaps, but still doesn't stop me from wanting to be alive, idk I attempted suicide at 15 but anymore I am glad I wasn't successful in that. But I do recognize that it has been mostly us humans who are ruining the planet, but I feel instead of just dying off we should try to fix what we have done. I mean it will probably never happen but I'd hope we could advance to like a star trek esque system but idk in reality not sure if it could happen. I mean for a star trek esque system people would have to embrace globalism, but too many people are afraid of it or too nationalistic to recognize the value of such a thing.


Yeah it would be very nice, but let's be real it'll never happen. That's one of the reasons why the human species isn't worth saving in my opinion.


Well yeah it is depressing to notice us human will sabatoge any attempt at a more star trex esque world. LIke star trek is the best case scenerio of this planet, but yeah I know in reality we'll never reach that. and its sad lol.


Very sad indeed lol. Humans have the power to fix this planet, just not the desire. And the religious types are fixed on this idiotic notion that they can consume our resources and destroy this planet all they want and that's OK because they'll be "saved" on judgement day while the infidels will burn in hell forever.

I think the ultimate irony will be when that day comes and none of us are actually going to be saved. And why should we be? :lol:



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,760
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

17 Nov 2022, 11:14 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Think about it. No pollution and no atomic bombs. The earth's lifespan would be a lot longer without the cancer that is mankind.


Perhaps, but still doesn't stop me from wanting to be alive, idk I attempted suicide at 15 but anymore I am glad I wasn't successful in that. But I do recognize that it has been mostly us humans who are ruining the planet, but I feel instead of just dying off we should try to fix what we have done. I mean it will probably never happen but I'd hope we could advance to like a star trek esque system but idk in reality not sure if it could happen. I mean for a star trek esque system people would have to embrace globalism, but too many people are afraid of it or too nationalistic to recognize the value of such a thing.


Yeah it would be very nice, but let's be real it'll never happen. That's one of the reasons why the human species isn't worth saving in my opinion.


Well yeah it is depressing to notice us human will sabatoge any attempt at a more star trex esque world. LIke star trek is the best case scenerio of this planet, but yeah I know in reality we'll never reach that. and its sad lol.


Very sad indeed lol. Humans have the power to fix this planet, just not the desire. And the religious types are fixed on this idiotic notion that they can consume our resources and destroy this planet all they want and that's OK because they'll be "saved" on judgement day while the infidels will burn in hell forever.

I think the ultimate irony will be when that day comes and none of us are actually going to be saved. And why should we be? :lol:


The worst part is what will cause 'the end' is humans f*****g destroying the planet, its no godly 'rapture' where the 'saved ones' just disappear, it'll only be caused by humans ruining the planet and causing many people to die from heat stroke and other unpleasant weather related ways to die.

The apocalypse is just a self fullfilling prophecy, intereesting a biblical author thought about this but he should have included an 'lol' a the end so people knew not to take it so serious, but some christians even believe it is their right to destroy the planet. Just wierd that a bunch of hocus pocus written by ancient men is still having so much influence in the world today.


_________________
We won't go back.


Last edited by Sweetleaf on 17 Nov 2022, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,692
Location: City of Roses

17 Nov 2022, 11:22 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

The worst part is what will cause 'the end' is humans f*****g destroying the planet, its no godly 'rapture' where the 'saved ones' just disappear, it'll only be caused by humans ruining the planet and causing many people to die from heat stroke and other unpleasant weather related ways to die.


Not to mention that the combination of "We're f****d!" and "Get f****d!" Will cause wars to break out over food supplies.

https://youtu.be/cOmdkN6MOwU



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,760
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

17 Nov 2022, 11:34 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

The worst part is what will cause 'the end' is humans f*****g destroying the planet, its no godly 'rapture' where the 'saved ones' just disappear, it'll only be caused by humans ruining the planet and causing many people to die from heat stroke and other unpleasant weather related ways to die.


Not to mention that the combination of "We're f****d!" and "Get f****d!" Will cause wars to break out over food supplies.

https://youtu.be/cOmdkN6MOwU



oh food shortages is just the tip of the iceberg, people are going to be fighting over water....like for sure wait for the water wars, it'll be like mad max except you aren't on your couch watching it, it's actually reality. I was even joking around with my boyfriend about how in a couple of years it will be dangerous for me to carry a bottle of water on my person because someone is likely to try and take it from me.


_________________
We won't go back.


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,760
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

17 Nov 2022, 11:41 pm

^that video is right though, people didn;t listen to the scientists so yeah now we are in the 'we're f****d' stage of climate change. And scientists had been warning about it since at least the 1970's...


_________________
We won't go back.


DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,692
Location: City of Roses

17 Nov 2022, 11:43 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

The worst part is what will cause 'the end' is humans f*****g destroying the planet, its no godly 'rapture' where the 'saved ones' just disappear, it'll only be caused by humans ruining the planet and causing many people to die from heat stroke and other unpleasant weather related ways to die.


Not to mention that the combination of "We're f****d!" and "Get f****d!" Will cause wars to break out over food supplies.

https://youtu.be/cOmdkN6MOwU



oh food shortages is just the tip of the iceberg, people are going to be fighting over water....like for sure wait for the water wars, it'll be like mad max except you aren't on your couch watching it, it's actually reality. I was even joking around with my boyfriend about how in a couple of years it will be dangerous for me to carry a bottle of water on my person because someone is likely to try and take it from me.


Oh no doubt. What scares me is I live in a small town but we're still a prospering town with a stable economy surrounded by smaller decaying towns.

So when the SHTF, are we going to have to deal with gangs of marauding raiders from the nearest big city who have run out of their own supplies and try to take what we have by force? Raping and burning and pillaging like the Vikings and Mongolians attacking poor villagers of ancient times?

Back to the dark ages i guess. :|



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,760
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

17 Nov 2022, 11:52 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

The worst part is what will cause 'the end' is humans f*****g destroying the planet, its no godly 'rapture' where the 'saved ones' just disappear, it'll only be caused by humans ruining the planet and causing many people to die from heat stroke and other unpleasant weather related ways to die.


Not to mention that the combination of "We're f****d!" and "Get f****d!" Will cause wars to break out over food supplies.

https://youtu.be/cOmdkN6MOwU



oh food shortages is just the tip of the iceberg, people are going to be fighting over water....like for sure wait for the water wars, it'll be like mad max except you aren't on your couch watching it, it's actually reality. I was even joking around with my boyfriend about how in a couple of years it will be dangerous for me to carry a bottle of water on my person because someone is likely to try and take it from me.


Oh no doubt. What scares me is I live in a small town but we're still a prospering town with a stable economy surrounded by smaller decaying towns.

So when the SHTF, are we going to have to deal with gangs of marauding raiders from the nearest big city who have run out of their own supplies and try to take what we have by force? Raping and burning and pillaging like the Vikings and Mongolians attacking poor villagers of ancient times?

Back to the dark ages i guess. :|


I mean it sucks but like I am not willing to lay down and die, so if that is what it comes to I figure I'll die fighting for survival at some point. idk me and my boyfriend are already considering if we should get guns just in case, but yeah we aren't gun people but we also don't want to be defenseless if s**t really hits the fan. And things are so crazy in this country we also just don't know what to expect. We toy with the idea of moving out of the country if things get bad, but not sure we could actually afford to do that.

but also we kind of feel maybe we should stay to help with the effort, it is our country to so should we just run away or should we stay and fight if it comes to it.


_________________
We won't go back.