Mass shooting at Colorado LBGTQ nightclub

Page 3 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,649
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

23 Nov 2022, 11:40 pm

Jakki wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
^

Margaret Sanger advanced the slaughter of children, especially minorities, long before we had AR-15s. Why aren't you railing against the Eugenics still taking place in this country? Is it because it happens one at a time? As long as babies are dying right and left while still in the womb, I'm just not feeling like somebody who wants gun restrictions is operating in the best interest of the public.

This is a dangerous world for everyone. I am for prosecuting merchants and parents who allow guns to wind up in the hands of known mental health patients and kids.


What does Margaret Sanger have to do with anything today? And who is promoting eugenics today, and how?
By the way, it was conservative Preston Bush who had wanted to pay black Americans to be sterilized, so eugenics is hardly a phenomenon that had just been promoted by individuals on the left.



Abortion primarily targets minorities, Planned Parenthoods are strategically located where there is minority heartache.
Our children have been targets for murder long before the AR-15. My comment was made towards the comment above mine, to the member who said that the USA cared more for their guns than their children. Children have been dying in the US at a staggering rate for years, even without abortions. They are killed by parents, foster parents, random lunatics, and of course doctors, etc. It's just that liberals don't sit up and speak out until it happens quicker. One at a time is still an atrocity.


Believe it or not, I tend to lean pro-life. But if you're going to be pro-life, you have to go all the way and support government programs that house, clothe, and feed poor people, including children. Being truly pro-life means supporting universal health care, so no one has to choose between going bankrupt over medical bills or death. It also means supporting a living wage so people can easily support children.
I'm sorry, but I think the notion of abortion as a means of eugenics is a baseless fantasy. If you want to stop "minority heartache" that allegedly leads to abortion, then among other things, take a stand against voter disenfranchisement, which the right has been behind for generations, and yet denies ever happens. After the 2020 election, Trump and many of his fanatical base had wanted to disregard the vote in predominantly black cities like Detroit on the false charge of voter fraud.

Not sure but maybe you might have a different opinion after you get older and try to get doctors to give you the care you need and Most likely deserve. :skull:


I'm 56. Trust me, I'm up there. Why should my opinion that everyone should have universal health care change?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,428
Location: Long Island, New York

23 Nov 2022, 11:53 pm

Old arrest records suggest Colorado Springs suspect wanted to ‘go out in a blaze’

Quote:
Anderson Lee Aldrich, the alleged shooter who killed five people in a Colorado Springs LGTBQ+ club over the weekend, previously told their family they wanted to be the “next mass killer,” Colorado’s KKTV reports.

According to arrest records in the case uncovered by KKTV, investigators said they believed Aldrich told family members they wanted to carry out a mass shooting or bombing and “go out in a blaze.”
The then 21-year-old allegedly made “homicidal threats” to their grandparents when they announced plans to sell their house and move to Florida in 2021, according to the court records.

They also said the move would mess with their plans to build a bomb, a scheme referenced in court papers, where investigators requested a search warrant to look for weapons and explosives to “prevent a reported planned terrorism attack,” according to KKTV.

At a previous family meeting about the move, the outlet reports, Aldrich allegedly drew a loaded gun and claimed “you guys die today.”

Aldrich has said the 2021 arrest and resulting public description of it in a sheriff’s office press release was incorrect.

“All of that is false,” they told the Colorado Springs Gazetteearlier this year, before the shooting at Club Q.

“They tried to bury me under (the charges) and keep me behind bars,” they added.


'We don’t do gay’: Colorado Springs attack suspect’s father gives shocking statement in reaction to mass shooting
Quote:
The father of Colorado Springs shooting suspect Anderson Aldrich says his first reaction to being informed of the attack at Club Q was to question why his child was at an LGBTQ bar.

Aaron Brink, a former porn actor and MMA fighter, told CBS8 he received a call on Sunday night from his child’s public defender to say he was under arrest for the mass shooting.

“They started telling me about the incident, a shooting involving multiple people,” Mr Brink said in an interview.

“And then I go on to find out it’s a gay bar. I said, ‘God, is he gay?’ I got scared, ‘S***, is he gay?’ And he’s not gay, so I said, ‘Phhhewww…’”

He told the CBS8 his family were Mormon, adding: “We don’t do gay.”

The father said that while he holds anti-gay views, there’s no excuse for his child allegedly shooting people in an LGTBQ+ club.

“I’m so sorry guys for your loss,” Mr Brink said. “With no regard to politics, it’s human life. I’m so sorry. My soul goes out to you.”

“Life is so fragile, and it’s valuable,” he said. “Those people’s lives were valuable.”

Aldrich’s lawyers have said in court documents that the 22-year-old is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns.

Mr Brink, 48, told the San Diego-based news site that his ex-wife Laura Voepel called him in 2016 to say that their child, who was born Nicholas Brink, had changed their name and died by suicide.

“His mother told me he changed his name because I was in (reality tv show) Intervention and I had been a porno actor,” Mr Brink told CBS8


Head spinning - Every possible random mass shooting motive rolled into one person.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 24 Nov 2022, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,075
Location: Everville

23 Nov 2022, 11:54 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
I don't believe school shootings are false flags. I do believe that senseless shootings in general have become the price for having the right to bear arms. It never used to be that way. People handled poverty and frustration much better than this crazy generation does. Now, all it takes is a hangnail for someone under 30 to go off the deep end and shoot up a school. And even then, lots more people are killed by the regular guns (not military style).

You're soft. A 'disability' is no longer the inability to walk, move, etc... It's all about nervousness. If a person is nervous they want 100% disability. When energy expenditure is very good for psychological wellbeing.


I'm soft? I think you believe I'm on disability, whereas I'm not. No, I'm just very empathetic.
Nervousness? Do you mean anxiety? I have a friend on disability who, among other psychological disorders, suffers from anxiety, and I can attest his condition goes beyond mere nervousness. His anxiety can be absolutely crippling, making holding down a job unlikely. And even if I didn't know someone with this disability, I'm not going to judge somebody else just because I haven't experienced what he or she lives with every day. The conservative politicians who attack people on disability because they're just "nervous" are heartless and lack human empathy and sympathy, and appeal to the worst in their constituents by working them up into a lynch mob mentality complete with torches and pitchforks.


Empathy is great, incapacitating others can be deadly. Have you had a good look at the whack job who committed this crime? He could probably be classified as one of the 'anxiety' crew. Overweight, over indulged, over age momma dependent, all kinds of gender issues (I experience gender issues, so don't say I'm prejudiced) and it all goes hand in hand with someone who should have been ejected from the nest. Perhaps a group home would have given him a place to live, but removed his ability to save enough money to buy firearms. SOFT! I wonder what his reasons are for being a complete loser, having all this time on his hands to plan and execute these horrible deeds? And I really hope you don't start defending his 'mental illness' or you'll be no better than the conservative deniers. SOFT!


As a matter of fact, I am not empathetic toward murderers like this one, as plenty of people who have his hypothetical concerns never hurt a soul. But I am empathetic toward those who are in need of help, which is completely different.
And from what I understand, the shooter had been raised in a far right wingnut home, and that his grandfather is an election denier who got his a$$ handed to him during the mid terms in Arizona. So, no, it's not because he's a mamma's boy, but because of the ideology he had been raised in.



His ideology didn't protect him from being gender dysphoric. He's coddled, protected from the consequences of his actions and he's going to pay now. He should have been booted out, maybe having to choose between food and bullets would have done him some good. He might have lost a few pounds too. I see a lot of gender dysphoria among the overweight, myself included. When someone's body tends to look a little more like the gender they were born as, it's a little easier to love it. A little easier, but doesn't completely solve the problems. When you can't see your d***, it's easier to believe it isn't there.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,762
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

24 Nov 2022, 12:50 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
I don't believe school shootings are false flags. I do believe that senseless shootings in general have become the price for having the right to bear arms. It never used to be that way. People handled poverty and frustration much better than this crazy generation does. Now, all it takes is a hangnail for someone under 30 to go off the deep end and shoot up a school. And even then, lots more people are killed by the regular guns (not military style).

You're soft. A 'disability' is no longer the inability to walk, move, etc... It's all about nervousness. If a person is nervous they want 100% disability. When energy expenditure is very good for psychological wellbeing.


I'm soft? I think you believe I'm on disability, whereas I'm not. No, I'm just very empathetic.
Nervousness? Do you mean anxiety? I have a friend on disability who, among other psychological disorders, suffers from anxiety, and I can attest his condition goes beyond mere nervousness. His anxiety can be absolutely crippling, making holding down a job unlikely. And even if I didn't know someone with this disability, I'm not going to judge somebody else just because I haven't experienced what he or she lives with every day. The conservative politicians who attack people on disability because they're just "nervous" are heartless and lack human empathy and sympathy, and appeal to the worst in their constituents by working them up into a lynch mob mentality complete with torches and pitchforks.


Empathy is great, incapacitating others can be deadly. Have you had a good look at the whack job who committed this crime? He could probably be classified as one of the 'anxiety' crew. Overweight, over indulged, over age momma dependent, all kinds of gender issues (I experience gender issues, so don't say I'm prejudiced) and it all goes hand in hand with someone who should have been ejected from the nest. Perhaps a group home would have given him a place to live, but removed his ability to save enough money to buy firearms. SOFT! I wonder what his reasons are for being a complete loser, having all this time on his hands to plan and execute these horrible deeds? And I really hope you don't start defending his 'mental illness' or you'll be no better than the conservative deniers. SOFT!


As a matter of fact, I am not empathetic toward murderers like this one, as plenty of people who have his hypothetical concerns never hurt a soul. But I am empathetic toward those who are in need of help, which is completely different.
And from what I understand, the shooter had been raised in a far right wingnut home, and that his grandfather is an election denier who got his a$$ handed to him during the mid terms in Arizona. So, no, it's not because he's a mamma's boy, but because of the ideology he had been raised in.



His ideology didn't protect him from being gender dysphoric. He's coddled, protected from the consequences of his actions and he's going to pay now. He should have been booted out, maybe having to choose between food and bullets would have done him some good. He might have lost a few pounds too. I see a lot of gender dysphoria among the overweight, myself included. When someone's body tends to look a little more like the gender they were born as, it's a little easier to love it. A little easier, but doesn't completely solve the problems. When you can't see your d***, it's easier to believe it isn't there.


Idk reading up about him seems to suggest more parental neglect than coddling.


_________________
We won't go back.


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,649
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

24 Nov 2022, 2:20 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
I don't believe school shootings are false flags. I do believe that senseless shootings in general have become the price for having the right to bear arms. It never used to be that way. People handled poverty and frustration much better than this crazy generation does. Now, all it takes is a hangnail for someone under 30 to go off the deep end and shoot up a school. And even then, lots more people are killed by the regular guns (not military style).

You're soft. A 'disability' is no longer the inability to walk, move, etc... It's all about nervousness. If a person is nervous they want 100% disability. When energy expenditure is very good for psychological wellbeing.


I'm soft? I think you believe I'm on disability, whereas I'm not. No, I'm just very empathetic.
Nervousness? Do you mean anxiety? I have a friend on disability who, among other psychological disorders, suffers from anxiety, and I can attest his condition goes beyond mere nervousness. His anxiety can be absolutely crippling, making holding down a job unlikely. And even if I didn't know someone with this disability, I'm not going to judge somebody else just because I haven't experienced what he or she lives with every day. The conservative politicians who attack people on disability because they're just "nervous" are heartless and lack human empathy and sympathy, and appeal to the worst in their constituents by working them up into a lynch mob mentality complete with torches and pitchforks.


Empathy is great, incapacitating others can be deadly. Have you had a good look at the whack job who committed this crime? He could probably be classified as one of the 'anxiety' crew. Overweight, over indulged, over age momma dependent, all kinds of gender issues (I experience gender issues, so don't say I'm prejudiced) and it all goes hand in hand with someone who should have been ejected from the nest. Perhaps a group home would have given him a place to live, but removed his ability to save enough money to buy firearms. SOFT! I wonder what his reasons are for being a complete loser, having all this time on his hands to plan and execute these horrible deeds? And I really hope you don't start defending his 'mental illness' or you'll be no better than the conservative deniers. SOFT!


As a matter of fact, I am not empathetic toward murderers like this one, as plenty of people who have his hypothetical concerns never hurt a soul. But I am empathetic toward those who are in need of help, which is completely different.
And from what I understand, the shooter had been raised in a far right wingnut home, and that his grandfather is an election denier who got his a$$ handed to him during the mid terms in Arizona. So, no, it's not because he's a mamma's boy, but because of the ideology he had been raised in.



His ideology didn't protect him from being gender dysphoric. He's coddled, protected from the consequences of his actions and he's going to pay now. He should have been booted out, maybe having to choose between food and bullets would have done him some good. He might have lost a few pounds too. I see a lot of gender dysphoria among the overweight, myself included. When someone's body tends to look a little more like the gender they were born as, it's a little easier to love it. A little easier, but doesn't completely solve the problems. When you can't see your d***, it's easier to believe it isn't there.


What Sweetleaf said. It's all about the parents raising their child in a hateful ideology lacking in any love, and nothing to do with coddling. The father of the shooter's initial reaction had been that he was worried it meant his kid was gay, for Chrissakes! That aint coddling.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,649
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

24 Nov 2022, 2:27 am

Just heard on MSNBC that there is question whether the shooter is actually non-binary. On the contrary, he has a history of homophobia, including membership in an Anti-LGBTQ online group, membership in the Mormon faith (which is notoriously homophobic), and was infamous among his neighbors for his use of homophobic slurs.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,587

24 Nov 2022, 2:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Just heard on MSNBC that there is question whether the shooter is actually non-binary. On the contrary, he has a history of homophobia, including membership in an Anti-LGBTQ online group, membership in the Mormon faith (which is notoriously homophobic), and was infamous among his neighbors for his use of homophobic slurs.


Mormonism is fertile ground for extreme racism and homophobia. Don't believe me read their scriptures.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,649
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

24 Nov 2022, 2:56 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Just heard on MSNBC that there is question whether the shooter is actually non-binary. On the contrary, he has a history of homophobia, including membership in an Anti-LGBTQ online group, membership in the Mormon faith (which is notoriously homophobic), and was infamous among his neighbors for his use of homophobic slurs.


Mormonism is fertile ground for extreme racism and homophobia. Don't believe me read their scriptures.


While there are good people among the Mormon flock, I'm not a fan of their version of Christianity. Then again, they'd probably say the same about my Lutheranism.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,587

24 Nov 2022, 4:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
While there are good people among the Mormon flock, I'm not a fan of their version of Christianity. Then again, they'd probably say the same about my Lutheranism.


I'm not saying every mormon is a homophobe or a racist...but...the conditions are ripe to cultivate that way of thinking. Islam also promotes racism and homophobia and misogyny but not every muslim is a misogynist, racist or homophobe, but again it provides fertile ground to that way of thinking. Again read their scriptures,



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,240
Location: Abbottistan

24 Nov 2022, 4:57 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Just heard on MSNBC that there is question whether the shooter is actually non-binary. On the contrary, he has a history of homophobia, including membership in an Anti-LGBTQ online group, membership in the Mormon faith (which is notoriously homophobic), and was infamous among his neighbors for his use of homophobic slurs.


Mormonism is fertile ground for extreme racism and homophobia. Don't believe me read their scriptures.


Still not as crazy as the FLDS (Warren Jeffs' group)



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,587

24 Nov 2022, 5:41 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Just heard on MSNBC that there is question whether the shooter is actually non-binary. On the contrary, he has a history of homophobia, including membership in an Anti-LGBTQ online group, membership in the Mormon faith (which is notoriously homophobic), and was infamous among his neighbors for his use of homophobic slurs.


Mormonism is fertile ground for extreme racism and homophobia. Don't believe me read their scriptures.


Still not as crazy as the FLDS (Warren Jeffs' group)


Craziness is also a spectrum



techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,318
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

24 Nov 2022, 12:41 pm

This is a difficult political climate for discussion because everyone wants to find their own pigeonhole for things.

I'll believe what comes out when the dust settles in a month.

It 'sounds' superficially at least much like the Orlando shooting, just that when bring up both Mormonism and potential anti-LGBT activity there's the potential American Beauty dynamic as well (yes - not all Mormons, and I've had Mormons close to me who were in Rosicrucian orders with me, but I have heard often that places with Mormon majority such as Utah and possibly even Colorado are a bit polarizing, and with polarization comes rather sharp psychological dichotomies within the populace).

My only guess is that while everyone wants to wipe these people off on each other it's going to keep coming up that these people and what drove them is much more complicated and circumstantial than political ideology in most cases. What I mean is if you've had a reasonably good life it's difficult to reverse-engineer what takes people to such destinations as mall, parade, club, or box store shooter and most likely they themselves don't fully understand it (and if they did they'd likely have got it under wraps and not kicked off).


_________________
“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin


Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 24 Nov 2022, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,075
Location: Everville

24 Nov 2022, 12:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Just heard on MSNBC that there is question whether the shooter is actually non-binary. On the contrary, he has a history of homophobia, including membership in an Anti-LGBTQ online group, membership in the Mormon faith (which is notoriously homophobic), and was infamous among his neighbors for his use of homophobic slurs.



This is new? Before the whole Anti-LGBTQ had an audience it was common psychology to suspect that being homophobic was a hallmark of people who had homosexual urges, but hated that within themselves. So, they turned the self-loathing onto others who openly embraced their sexual identity.

This guy is everything he hates. And he's going away for a long time.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,649
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

24 Nov 2022, 1:04 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Just heard on MSNBC that there is question whether the shooter is actually non-binary. On the contrary, he has a history of homophobia, including membership in an Anti-LGBTQ online group, membership in the Mormon faith (which is notoriously homophobic), and was infamous among his neighbors for his use of homophobic slurs.



This is new? Before the whole Anti-LGBTQ had an audience it was common psychology to suspect that being homophobic was a hallmark of people who had homosexual urges, but hated that within themselves. So, they turned the self-loathing onto others who openly embraced their sexual identity.

This guy is everything he hates. And he's going away for a long time.


Does Colorado have the death penalty?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,649
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

24 Nov 2022, 1:04 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
While there are good people among the Mormon flock, I'm not a fan of their version of Christianity. Then again, they'd probably say the same about my Lutheranism.


I'm not saying every mormon is a homophobe or a racist...but...the conditions are ripe to cultivate that way of thinking. Islam also promotes racism and homophobia and misogyny but not every muslim is a misogynist, racist or homophobe, but again it provides fertile ground to that way of thinking. Again read their scriptures,


Agreed.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Joined: 24 Nov 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 179

24 Nov 2022, 1:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Just heard on MSNBC that there is question whether the shooter is actually non-binary. On the contrary, he has a history of homophobia, including membership in an Anti-LGBTQ online group, membership in the Mormon faith (which is notoriously homophobic), and was infamous among his neighbors for his use of homophobic slurs.



This is new? Before the whole Anti-LGBTQ had an audience it was common psychology to suspect that being homophobic was a hallmark of people who had homosexual urges, but hated that within themselves. So, they turned the self-loathing onto others who openly embraced their sexual identity.

This guy is everything he hates. And he's going away for a long time.


Does Colorado have the death penalty?


They do not. The death penalty was abolished in 2020 and the three condemned men were commuted.