Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2007, 4:30 pm

BlueMax wrote:

Like the story of a teacher who began every class placing a rubber ball on his desk. Noone knew why he did it until one kid fell asleep in his class, and he whipped it at him. It bounced perfectly off his head with marksman accuracy.
...the next day he ceremoniously began his class placing a baseball on his desk. ;)

I've just recalled that in primary school I had a religion teacher who used to throw pieces of chalk at kids whose behaviour wasn't good - she was nice and calm and she used to do it just for fun. :D :D

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2007, 4:31 pm

When I tell NTs I avoid public speaking they usually accuse me of having a bad attitude.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2007, 9:42 pm

I actually do alright with public speaking. My complete lack of social awareness leaves me blissfully ignorant of how foolish I could possibly appear, and years of ostracism have left me utterly apathetic to what opinions of me others may hold. Thus, there is no nervousness. Also, the fact that public speaking is generally a monologue rather than an interpersonal intereaction makes it somewhat easier.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2007, 10:56 pm

Hadron wrote:

In my case no, as long as I have a decent speech or something I dont mind going out and saying it.

Me too. In fact I find it much easier and less stressful to deliver a speech to an audience than to interact socially one on one (or within a larger group) with someone I do not know really well.