Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 9:29 am

Does anyone else have thought patterns like this?

I have a problem with repetative thoughts spinning around and around in my head, and it seems as though I get several going at once......all in different layers at the same time....

It can be very very distracting.

Right now...there is a negative feedback loop resulting from some nasty internet bullying I have been getting lately from a bitter ex boyfriend....combined with more than one ear-worm song that won't go away (ironicly, one is "Windmills of my Mind")....combined with all my perpetual creative impulses....and all this other stuff.....repetative bad thoughts about myself...etc....

It makes it really hard to sleep sometimes because the thoughts can be really invasive....or function linearly at all...because I can't think linearly.....everything just spins around and around in circles.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 10:40 am

Yes, I have repetitive thoughts like this. Sometimes they're anxiety-related. I also experience what as been described as "internal echolalia" - I get words and phrases stuck in my head. It's annoying, but I can make it stop temporarily by focusing on external stimuli like music or television.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Mar 2008, 11:13 am

Yeah, all the time! It wakes me from a sound sleep, and it's like listening to a badly tuned radio, with trivia, fragments of conversation, playbacks of conversations and the subsequent analysis of them, beating myself up for not filtering my comments, etc. It is torture! And I can't seem to turn it off.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 11:14 am

oh yeah...internal echolalia....I get that practicly anytime I say anything of signifigance to anyone (mostly outside my comfort zone)....it will repeat itself over and over in my mind...sometimes I catch myself repeating it out loud to myself...Also happens when I write stuff to people....I find myself having to go back and reread it over and over again...because I repetatively think about it...see...
I do the best i can with external stimuli....mostly tv and internet addiction...need to spend more time spacing out on my bike...

....that was me replying to evil Kim Evil....

One of the layers will sometimes be (especially when trying to sleep)....the weird garbled out of tune radio...fragments of weird music and strange phrases and whatnots...

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 11:56 am

Concentric, eccentric topic

I like your graphic. It looks like a target, as in a dart board. If you want to be creative, and problem solve, you could imagine your thoughts on that dart board (I am a visual thinker) and think of the main thought as the centre one. This is the thought you wish to concentrate on(concentric, get it?). All other stuff you send to the periphery and the main central thought gets worked on first. Then the other stuff works its way in to the centre. But you must concentrate the centre thing first.

Always do the tiny central stuff first, and the bigger stuff (outer circles) will sort of shrink and be dealt with. This is what I do, literally.

I know you have ADD but I taught my first child (NT with ADD) and she used this approach and now she has no residual ADD problems. (She is 34, average intelligence and a city bus driver.)

I hope this helps, pls. :)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Mar 2008, 12:25 pm

Definitely I have these inner repetitive thoughts that just seem to be like a washer stuck on spin. Depending on how quickly these things work themselves out depends on how stuck the washer gets.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 1:28 pm

i do...

sometimes my dreams are of waking thoughts.... and i have issues with falling a sleep due to too many thoughts but i also have trouble telling when i DO fall asleep cause i'll often dream on what i'm thinking and if it weren't for small tell-tale signs... i'd not know i had been dreaming at all. these kind of dreams often leave me feeling drained, moreso if i don't figure out that i am dreaming them and take control of them. it's really neat when i do though cause i can manipulate these thoughts a lot better and direct them more productively.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 2:40 pm

Yes, but medication has helped with them.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 3:19 pm

sartresue wrote:
Concentric, eccentric topic

I like your graphic. It looks like a target, as in a dart board. If you want to be creative, and problem solve, you could imagine your thoughts on that dart board (I am a visual thinker) and think of the main thought as the centre one. This is the thought you wish to concentrate on(concentric, get it?). All other stuff you send to the periphery and the main central thought gets worked on first. Then the other stuff works its way in to the centre. But you must concentrate the centre thing first.

Always do the tiny central stuff first, and the bigger stuff (outer circles) will sort of shrink and be dealt with. This is what I do, literally.

I know you have ADD but I taught my first child (NT with ADD) and she used this approach and now she has no residual ADD problems. (She is 34, average intelligence and a city bus driver.)

I hope this helps, pls. :)

For me it is more like my head is the center/axel and the circles radiating outwards are the different cycles of repetative thoughts all swirling around at once.

Quote:
Yes, but medication has helped with them

What kind of medication?

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 3:24 pm

Low doses of antipsychotics.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 3:29 pm

My thoughts are on one thing, and I can't multitask at all when I'm in my focus mood. If I'm not focusing, I have no thoughts, just this numb fog :(

Pepperfire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2008, 5:07 pm

ebec11 wrote:
My thoughts are on one thing, and I can't multitask at all when I'm in my focus mood. If I'm not focusing, I have no thoughts, just this numb fog :(

I'd kill for a numb fog some days, I only get numb fog when I'm boinking out. Usually, my life is a constant concentric thought cycle. Sometimes I'm lying in bed wide awake drafting posts for a bulletin board. Worse, I'll be trying to concentrate on something that most NTs would find easy to concentrate on and I'm planning supper for tomorrow night. 8O

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 6:52 pm

Sounds like the obsessive compenent of OCD, wich consist of ego-dystonic (thoughts you don't want because they are disturbing, distressing, etc.) obsessive thoughts. I have the same problem.

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 10:36 pm

My thoughts look more like butterflies and fireflies buzziImageng around my head. I can only catch a few at a time, but I can still see them flying around. They do seem to circulate around me. Bad thoughts look more like circling sharks. Image

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Mar 2008, 7:35 pm

dawndeleon wrote:
My thoughts look more like butterflies and fireflies buzziImageng around my head. I can only catch a few at a time, but I can still see them flying around. They do seem to circulate around me. Bad thoughts look more like circling sharks. Image

Love the graphics!

Complex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2008, 7:37 pm

I have had the same negative thought everyday upon waking for the past four years. It's fading, but at a painfully slow rate.