Page 5 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


Do you think that some people actually deserve to be bullied?
Yes 10%  10%  [ 32 ]
Yes 10%  10%  [ 32 ]
Maybe 4%  4%  [ 14 ]
Maybe 4%  4%  [ 14 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 85 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 85 ]
Judging from your examples, yes. 4%  4%  [ 15 ]
Judging from your examples, yes. 4%  4%  [ 15 ]
You're being unfair to the people in your examples 7%  7%  [ 22 ]
You're being unfair to the people in your examples 7%  7%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 336

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 699

12 Jul 2006, 6:23 am

Maybe if they bully me I would go tell someone.



psych
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,488
Location: w london

12 Jul 2006, 8:30 am

The OP reminded me of this Simposons quote;

Marge: Nelson's a troubled, lonely, sad little boy. He needs to be isolated from everyone.



TheLonelyGirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 6

02 Sep 2006, 2:59 pm

i think no one deserves to be bullied
even people who are bullies



Drzava
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 135

03 Sep 2006, 12:21 pm

Hmm, let's see here...Does anyone deserve to be abused physically or verbally, socially excluded and ostracized, with potential psychological traumatization, destroyed self-esteem, and depression or anxiety as a concequence? Oh boy, this is a tricky one!



NorwichAspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2011
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 78

08 Oct 2012, 4:14 am

If theres one type of people that deserve to be bullied that is FAT blokes. I cant stand them.



g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 5 Sep 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 216

08 Oct 2012, 6:34 am

The people from your description sound like jerks. Jerks are annoying, but they are still people in life. Deal with it. I was bullied severely for three years. Most of it was by or led by one person. I know it's not right, but part of me still wants to make him suffer.



Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2012
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 577
Location: California

08 Oct 2012, 10:45 am

Drzava wrote:
Hmm, let's see here...Does anyone deserve to be abused physically or verbally, socially excluded and ostracized, with potential psychological traumatization, destroyed self-esteem, and depression or anxiety as a concequence? Oh boy, this is a tricky one!


You're right, it is indeed a tricky one. Bullying of the (relatively) innocent is unquestionably wrong, but I know some people who are genuinely evil. I know someone who locked a fellow Aspie boy into a toilet cubicle and beat the living s**t out of him; and I also know someone who sexually harassed an Autistic girl.

The guy who sexually harassed the girl was never found out because she merely considered it to be normal physical contact and I was the only other individual who noticed; two against one doesn't make for a very convincing case. :x

The guy who beat up the Aspie boy really badly also shocked my French teacher so much that she resigned. He threw a chair at her and intimidated her. What form of punishment did that walking lump of s**t receive? A week off of school or, as it's officially known "exclusion"!

Those monsters really couldn't care less about the ludicrously lenient "punishments" they receive. Forgive me if I sound a little overly vindictive, but these evil monstrosities deserve to suffer.


_________________
Jane


luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,159
Location: Fairfax, VA

09 Oct 2012, 7:43 am

Women serial killers deserve to be bullied and tortured. Women who kill their children deserve to be bullied.


_________________
Anna

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,372
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

09 Oct 2012, 9:17 am

Yupa wrote:
Yes, well I acknowledge that bullying isn't nice, I've known a couple people who actually -did- deserve it. Case profiles? Let me provide two:

"John". Always talked about drugs and violence in class. If he wasn't threatening someone or bragging about his supposed mastery of the martial arts, he was making lame drug cracks at inopportune moments. It was pretty easy to guess that he had drugs on his brain.
If he saw a jar of salt he would say "That's cocaine" and he liked calling everyone a crackhead or pothead.
As for his love of violence, I once showed the class a picture I'd drawn in my spare time and said "Isn't this guy cool?"
And John said, "no, he's a dork. I want to beat the sh-t out of him."
He was verbally bullied by his peers, and he completely deserved it.

"Nick". Another classmate of mine. One of the most unhygienic ogres on the face of the planet. I call him an ogre because it'd be disgraceful to give him "human" status. He never bathed, never washed his underarms, never combed his hair, never wore underwear, always wore pants that kept sagging down almost past his waist in class, and once he wore a pair that was so big they fell down past his knees and everyone caught a glimpse of his privates. And you know what that little creep did? He -laughed- about it!
He also had a huge temper. He liked to throw stuff at people in class, and when someone tried to send him to the principal's office, if he didn't make some outlandish death threat, he would explode into a fit of 'WAAAAAAAAAAAH!! !! I WANT MY MOMMY!! !" or yell the F-word at the top of his lungs several times.
When he wasn't angry he was flapping his arms around and giggling through his hideous, gap-toothed grin.
He was a homophobe and a racist. Some of the stuff he said about gays, and some of the stuff he said about blacks or Asians, really, really annoyed me. It took effort not to sink to his level and punch him in his bug, puffy nose.
He was the very image of a big, pale, puffy monster and liked coming up with lame, half-baked excuses for his personality, like "My parents are divorced," "Mom never said I had to,"
"You're just mean to me because you're a big fat f--!" etc.
He was verbally and sometimes physically bullied, but I have to say he -definitely- earned it.




From my perspective no, but I define bullying as picking on someone or ganging up on them in a manner in which they are mostly defenseless and the bully/bullies are in control of the situation. If someone makes a constant ass of them self and pretty much harasses other kids its not bullying if the other kids don't react well that would be getting called out for making an ass of ones self.


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


LennytheWicked
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 545

09 Oct 2012, 9:10 pm

There's a different between bullying and discouraging behavior.

Discouraging behavior is - "Ew," in response to a gross comment, or telling the teacher it makes you uncomfortable.

Bullying is taking it to a whole new level and keeping it there no matter what the consequences may be.

Ex.

It is discouraging behavior when you tell someone to stop being a dick. It is bullying when you harass the person in retaliation.



GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,293

10 Oct 2012, 8:36 am

Curiotical wrote:

You're right, it is indeed a tricky one. Bullying of the (relatively) innocent is unquestionably wrong, but I know some people who are genuinely evil. I know someone who locked a fellow Aspie boy into a toilet cubicle and beat the living sh** out of him; and I also know someone who sexually harassed an Autistic girl.

The guy who sexually harassed the girl was never found out because she merely considered it to be normal physical contact and I was the only other individual who noticed; two against one doesn't make for a very convincing case. :x

The guy who beat up the Aspie boy really badly also shocked my French teacher so much that she resigned. He threw a chair at her and intimidated her. What form of punishment did that walking lump of sh** receive? A week off of school or, as it's officially known "exclusion"!

Those monsters really couldn't care less about the ludicrously lenient "punishments" they receive. Forgive me if I sound a little overly vindictive, but these evil monstrosities deserve to suffer.


Oh, you have no idea how much I can relate to this. I was brutally blindsided and beaten at 14 and the guy got a whopping three day suspension. It wasn't a simple punch either: he caused a concussion and I still occasionally feel the effects when I'm touched on the back of the head. He literally could have killed me if someone didn't stop him. This was also a completely unprovoked attack: he just wanted to be popular and what better way than to do what the popular crowd did? What's more ironic is the French teacher (who was the only one who cared apparently) left the school shortly after, likely as a direct result of how I was treated. That was the first time anyone ever got in trouble (they kinda had to punish this kid it was so obvious) even though about 10 people did enough that they would be in jail today.

I understand your anger, but learn from my experience: I spend years full of hatred and anger and all I could think about was revenge and that set me back many years. You simply have to accept that some things are just not fair in life (easier said than done I know) and that we live in a cruel, insane world sometimes. If you dwell on it, only YOU will be the one who continues to suffer. As I've said it other posts, some of these bullies aren't ignorant or stupid but are pure, 100% bad to the bone. All you can do is treat them like a tornado: stay out of their path and trying to expose of punish them is practically pointless given their superior BS skills.



joannaaleksandra
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 252
Location: Warsaw, Poland

10 Oct 2012, 11:54 am

I think nobody deserves to be bullied. If we bullied bullies, they (and viewers) would start to consider it normal behavior, or try to take revenge on others by teasing them. I know a few examples of that kind of behavior.



Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2012
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 577
Location: California

10 Oct 2012, 6:41 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Curiotical wrote:

You're right, it is indeed a tricky one. Bullying of the (relatively) innocent is unquestionably wrong, but I know some people who are genuinely evil. I know someone who locked a fellow Aspie boy into a toilet cubicle and beat the living sh** out of him; and I also know someone who sexually harassed an Autistic girl.

The guy who sexually harassed the girl was never found out because she merely considered it to be normal physical contact and I was the only other individual who noticed; two against one doesn't make for a very convincing case. :x

The guy who beat up the Aspie boy really badly also shocked my French teacher so much that she resigned. He threw a chair at her and intimidated her. What form of punishment did that walking lump of sh** receive? A week off of school or, as it's officially known "exclusion"!

Those monsters really couldn't care less about the ludicrously lenient "punishments" they receive. Forgive me if I sound a little overly vindictive, but these evil monstrosities deserve to suffer.


Oh, you have no idea how much I can relate to this. I was brutally blindsided and beaten at 14 and the guy got a whopping three day suspension. It wasn't a simple punch either: he caused a concussion and I still occasionally feel the effects when I'm touched on the back of the head. He literally could have killed me if someone didn't stop him. This was also a completely unprovoked attack: he just wanted to be popular and what better way than to do what the popular crowd did? What's more ironic is the French teacher (who was the only one who cared apparently) left the school shortly after, likely as a direct result of how I was treated. That was the first time anyone ever got in trouble (they kinda had to punish this kid it was so obvious) even though about 10 people did enough that they would be in jail today.

I understand your anger, but learn from my experience: I spend years full of hatred and anger and all I could think about was revenge and that set me back many years. You simply have to accept that some things are just not fair in life (easier said than done I know) and that we live in a cruel, insane world sometimes. If you dwell on it, only YOU will be the one who continues to suffer. As I've said it other posts, some of these bullies aren't ignorant or stupid but are pure, 100% bad to the bone. All you can do is treat them like a tornado: stay out of their path and trying to expose of punish them is practically pointless given their superior BS skills.


I'm so sorry that you were treated so terribly when you were my age. I don't think I could cope with that emotionally.

You are right, though, hatred and resentment can consume the people who feel them. I find it hard to "let go" of negative experiences, no matter how small they are or how insignificant others would consider them to be.


_________________
Jane


GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,293

17 Oct 2012, 11:44 am

Thank you for your kind words. I posted that here in the adolescent forum in hopes that nobody has to go through what I experienced and to realize there is light at the end of the tunnel. Being a teenager is tough and as an Aspie it's by far the worst part of your life. It took a long time to recover, but my life is in great shape right now and people respect me for my experience. In fact, if you were to meet me now you would assume *I* was the bully back in the day.

To be honest it wasn't the (many) physical assaults that haunted me. I was bruised from head to toe but that only lasted a few weeks. It was the exclusion (like being forced to sit on the floor on the bus) and constant name calling, particular the malicious rumours spread about me like being gay (back then being gay was a MUCH bigger deal than it is today) and the fact nearly everyone was taking shots at me, even my 'friends'. I quickly learned how at that age people are more concerned about social status within a group of thugs than doing the right thing and I was incredibly naive back then but I couldn't help that my development was behind in addition to being 1.5 years younger than everyone in my class. That's not even mentioning how hurtful it is to be constantly invalidated: after all, how could a 6'4" 13 year old boy be bullied (emotionally, not physically) by the entire class, even girls? He must be delusional! If I remember correctly, they just assumed I was covering for my parents abusing me and simply couldn't fathom how kids, including nerdy, honor rolls ones could be so violent and vicious.

When you are told daily by almost everyone in your class that they would like nothing more than for you to drop dead to a round of cheers, it has a BIG effect on you. Unless you have experienced it firsthand, you have NO IDEA how painful it is. It's like being bullied by 10 heavily armed sociopaths who are police or military: you have an overwhelming desire to fight back but know all you can do is take it because they have no hesitation to put a gun to your head and nobody will stop them. That's why I laugh at people who say I should have fought back. How? After a while, you start to believe those things because you rationalize if everything says it they are probably telling the truth.

I would be lying if I said it wouldn't bring a smile to my face to see my bullies suffer horribly but at the same time I have no desire to cause them any harm and have moved on. As I said this is much more difficult than it sounds but you can do it. I offer my experience and support to anyone who wants to send me a PM and remind you that if you are being bullied or harassed, even by a large group, it's THEIR fault, not yours! These cowards will soon learn that doing that in a University or a workplace will mean removal if they are lucky and possible arrests and restraining orders.



Natalya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2012
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 34
Location: Atlantis

19 Oct 2012, 12:05 pm

I'm not quite sure if I want to make a comment, as everyone who comments and the author of this post disagrees with gets a response. And I don't want to go down the whole reply-and-politely-bitch avenue. Just sayin'.
But people don't deserve to be bullied. Full stop.


_________________
I am just a broken machine and I do things that I don't really mean.


SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,105
Location: The Akuma Afterglow

08 Nov 2012, 10:14 am

I think nobody deserves to be bullied, just broken down until they admit they need help through concrete evidence. My mentor did that to me and he salvaged me from a wasted life.

Bullying just breaks a person. I still bear the scars.

Also worth noting: I tried to be the force of karma recently....doesn't work well. Just ended up being a jackass that encouraged the idiot behavior by reacting to it.


_________________
My music at: http://www.youtube.com/user/SanityTheorist5/videos

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist