Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 6:33 am

I usually am up till about 12 but after finishing Twilight (a book I LOVED! read it all in one day!! !! !!) I chatted on my 360 until 2AM with a WP friend. I had to get up at 6:30AM to watch my sister so my family was REALLY mad! Talked about responsibility etc. I was kind of crying but I'm an emotional person anyway yet alone going off 4 hours sleep if that! I'm usually able to sleep until 10AM or later and I understand I should of probably went to bed after finishing the book at 11:30PM. :-) So I was curious does anyone have this issue? (People upset you stayed up too late)

Shayne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2009, 6:42 am

nights are peaceful and relaxing.

days are stressful and filled with commotion.

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2009, 6:57 am

I stay up late most nights, depends how I feel.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 7:15 am

I can be tired all day long and get almost nothing done. The later it become the more alive and active I be. The best creative work of mine is done in the middle of the night!

I try to adjust myself regularly but I always fall back to the nightpattern some two or three days later again...

Today I have an adjust day and went up at nine after went to bed around midnight. That is the idealic time to be awake
Then I feel I gain something useful the full day out. If I get up too early (before nine) or too late (after noon) then Im feeling tired most of the day

So today I have the chance to run the day normally and be back in bed at midnight again

The problem is that I dont follow the sleepy feeling when I need to sleep. If Im into something then I want to finish it,even if its late

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 7:35 am

another nigth person reports to duty! :coffee:

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 7:45 am

I love staying up late. Usually I have to go to bed at 11pm (my parents tell me to) although it still takes hours for me to go to sleep.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 8:13 am

xalepax wrote:
I can be tired all day long and get almost nothing done. The later it become the more alive and active I be. The best creative work of mine is done in the middle of the night!

I try to adjust myself regularly but I always fall back to the nightpattern some two or three days later again...

Today I have an adjust day and went up at nine after went to bed around midnight. That is the idealic time to be awake
Then I feel I gain something useful the full day out. If I get up too early (before nine) or too late (after noon) then Im feeling tired most of the day

So today I have the chance to run the day normally and be back in bed at midnight again

The problem is that I dont follow the sleepy feeling when I need to sleep. If Im into something then I want to finish it,even if its late

Wow you sound like me!! !! I thought of a research paper title while falling asleep and Also get really interested in stuff. I read Twilight in one day and it took me from 12NOON-6AM that following morning to read the 7th Harry Potter book I also beat MGS4 at 2AM the following Monday after launch. :-) I love my interests probably too much!! !! LOL! Glad to know there's other people like me. :-)

Plqx
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Mar 2009, 8:33 am

I don't tend to stay up late. Quite the opposite in fact, in that I usually find myself to be the first one to bed at night, and the first one up in the morning.

Of course, if I get lost in something I am doing I can find myself staying up so late that it is getting light by the time I start to drop off...

sketches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2009, 9:00 am

Yes. I've stayed up late for the majority of my life. My family hated it, and I went through a sleeping pill phase, but it didn't work out very well. I decided that I like staying up late; I used to always sneak downstairs to use the computer or to get a snack or watch TV or anything. I didn't care what my family thought, and I functioned well enough the next day.

I've lived off an average of 6 hrs/night for the last 3 years. It was probably 8 hours max for all the nights before that. I'm a night owl, and I think I'm just a person who doesn't require much sleep.

Plus, I love the nighttime. :D

RandomKid
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 9:17 am

Mom tries to get em on a sleep schedule. Sometimes I wont crawl into bed until 3 am. Some days I could stay up all night. Mom gets mad when I sleep till 12. She said I need to try to get on routine due to school next year.

zeichner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Mar 2009, 10:46 am

I've always been a total night owl. Most of the time, I only get 4-5 hours of sleep a night - but once in a while, I'll crash as soon as I get home from work - so it definitely catches up with me.

I also tend to do lots of productive things - writing, reading, programming - late at night. Sometimes, I'll take a nap after supper & then work late (well past midnight.)

I do believe that one reason I stay up so late stems from executive function issues - I just can't figure out that I should get up from my chair & go to bed. Once I'm in bed, I never have trouble falling asleep.

kornchild
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 10:51 am

I love staying up late. I try to stay up late as much as possible.

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 10:54 am

I love staying up late. I can get the most accomplished both late at night and early in the morning. I naturally kick back and relax during the afternoons.

sjamaan
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2009, 11:15 am

I always stay up late too, but often end up regretting it in the morning, because I really need my 8+ hours of sleep!

capriwim
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2009, 11:18 am

I live alone, so my staying up late bothers no one but myself. But it does often bother me considerably. Went to bed at 2:30am last night, and had to be up by 6:00am for an early morning shift. Needless to say, I felt exhausted and unwell at work. I tend to get caught up in the moment and to disregard the consequences until too late. I am aware it's related to the whole 'inertia' aspect of Aspergers - the difficulty stopping one activity and starting another. I try to find techniques to control it, but I do not always apply them - due to tiredness, lack of motivation, the effort of constantly being vigilant.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 11:24 am

I love night-time! :D

I don't really stay up late anymore, though, I am sleeping more and more.

y es como un semestre"